Content of the CDM-PDD
The project design document for large-scale projects (CDM-PDD) is divided into 5 sections:
- Section A - General description of the project activity;
- Section B - Application of a baseline and monitoring methodology;
- Section C - Duration of the project / crediting period;
- Section D - Environmental impacts; and
- Section E - Stakeholder comments.
This generally accords with the information required by 3/CMP.1, Annex, Appendix B to be included in a project design document. This section follows the structure of the CDM-PDD, but the decisions in Appendix B are also extracted underneath the relevant sections below.
The latest version of the CDM-PDD (Version 3) can be downloaded here.
The Executive Board adopted Guidelines for completing the CDM-PDD at EB 41, Annex 12. This annex replaced earlier (published) guidelines at EB 25, Annex 16, EB 19, Annex 14 and EB 14, Annex 6.
Attachments to the CDM-PDD
The CDM-PDD must attach:
- Annex I - Contact information on participants in the project activity;
- Annex 2 - Information on public funding;
- Annex 3 - Baseline information; and
- Annex 4 - Monitoring information.