Submitting a new methodology
Proposed new methodologies for small-scale project activities must be submitted to the Executive Board for consideration:
Project participants willing to submit a new small-scale project activity category or revisions to a methodology shall make a request in writing to the Board providing information about the technology/activity and proposals on how a simplified baseline and monitoring methodology would be applied to this category (4/CMP.1, Annex II, paragraph 16).
The procedures for submitting a new small-scale methodology is set out in the Procedures for the submission and consideration of a proposed new small-scale methodology (Version 3). These procedures are contained in EB 40, Annex 2.
To submit a new methodology, project participants, DOEs, DNAs or stakeholders must send F-CDM-SSC-NM and F-CDM-SSC-Subm (Form for submissions on small-scale methodologies and procedures). F-CDM-SSC-Subm is a general form for small-scale projects, and therefore it must be indicated on this form that the purpose of the submission is the proposal of a new small-scale methodology:
To propose a new SSC methodology for the Executive Board’s consideration and approval, project participants, DOEs, DNAs or stakeholders shall submit the following forms, completed in both MS Word and PDF formats, to the UNFCCC Secretariat at email@example.com:
- The “CDM: Form for Submissions on Small Scale Methodologies and Procedures (F-CDM-SSC-Sub),” indicating that the submission is a proposed new SSC methodology;
- The “CDM form for proposed new small scale methodologies (F-CDM-SSC-NM),” including:
- Appropriate contact information (i.e., a primary and a secondary contact);
- Indication as to whether the proposed methodology is also intended for application to a programme of activities (PoA) along with the completion of the relevant additional section of the form;
- A draft project design document (CDM-SSC-PDD) with sections A to C, including relevant annexes, completed (EB 40, Annex 2).