Same technology/measure (SSC)
The following guidance is available on bundles containing small-scale project activities that are all of the same type, category and technology/measure:
- Project activities may use the same baseline under some conditions (details on these conditions will be further elaborated);
- One DOE can validate this bundle;
- A common monitoring plan can be utilized for the bundle with the submission of one monitoring report, under conditions to be specified (e.g. conditions for sampling);
- All CDM project activities within the bundle should have same crediting period, i.e. the same length and same starting date of the crediting period;
- One verification report is adequate, one issuance will be made at the same time for the same period, and a single serial number will be issued for all the project;
- The sum of the size (capacity for type I, energy saving for type II and direct emissions of project activity for type III) of the technology or measure utilized in the bundle should not exceed the limits for small-scale CDM project activities as set in paragraph 6 (c) of the decision 17/CP.7; and
- Each small-scale CDM project in the bundle should comply with the simplified modalities and procedures for small-scale CDM project activities and use an approved simplified baseline and monitoring methodology included in Appendix B of the simplified modalities and procedures for small-scale CDM project activities (EB 21, Annex 21, paragraph 6).
If a bundle contains small-scale project activities of:
- the same type, same category and different technologies/measures; or
- the same type, different categories and different technologies/measures; or
- different types,
separate PDDs are required:
In all other cases (if the bundle includes project activities with (a) the same type, same category and different technology/measure; (b) same type, different categories and
technologies/measures and; and (c) different types), Project participants would have to make the submission of the bundle using a CDM-SSC-PDD for each of the project activities contained in the bundle. Different monitoring plans will be required for project activities in the bundle and separate monitoring reports must be prepared. In these cases a single verification and certification report can be submitted for the bundle provided that it appraises each of the project activities of the bundle separately and covers the same verification period (EB 34, Annex 10, paragraph 18).
In this context, the CDM Glossary of Terms (Version 03) defines 'same technology/measure' as follows:
- Two different project activities will be considered to be applying the same technology if they provide the same kind of output and use the same kind of equipment and conversion process.
- Two different project activities will be considered to be using the same measure if they constitute the same course of action and result in the same kind of effect (e.g. two projects using the same management practice such as fuel switch) (CDM Glossary of Terms, Version 03).